The Combate Submission Invitational is a submission only event. The only way to win a cash prize is by submission! No points will be scored, No advantages will be scored and there is No referee decision.
Each athlete will be competing for a cash prize. In order to win the cash prize you must submit your opponent. If a match ends with no submission the athlete’s cash prize will be held and placed in a pot. All unclaimed cash prizes will be split amongst the athletes that win by submission. That means each athlete will receive the individual cash prize plus a portion of the unclaimed cash prizes.
Complete the CSI registration form for your chance to be invited to Saskatchewan’s #1 Submission Only event.
Each athlete will be allowed one coach in his or her corner.
- Adult – Black Belt – 10 minutes
- Adult – Blue Belt to Brown Belt – 8 minutes
- Masters – Black – 8 Minutes
- Masters – Blue Belt to Brown Belt – 7 minutes
- Juvenile – White to Purple – 6 Minutes
- Youth – White to Green Belt – 5 Minutes
Ways to win a Match
- Win Via Submission
- Win Via Opponent Disqualification
- Win Via Forfeiture
- No Hair Pulling
- No Striking
- No Butt Scooting
- No Eye Poking
- No Scissor Takedowns
- No Fish Hooking
- No Stalling
- No Knee Reaping (Juvenile/Youth Only)
- No Slamming (Juvenile/Youth Only)
- All Juvenile and Youth will follow all legal IBJJF Legal moves for their age.
- Wrist locks
- Compression Locks
- Knee Bars
- Bicep Slicers
- Electric Chair Submissions
- Calf Slicers
- Heel Hooks
- Toe Holds
The referee at all times has at his discretion the ability to end the fight or modify a rule to maintain the safety of the fighters and the integrity of the tournament for reasons that include but are not limited to: poor sportsmanship of competitor or coach, arguing with officials, use of foul language, attempting to use dangerous techniques etc.